Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
The Supply Chain Process Development department works with all product divisions for two main fashion brands. The department drives synergies and streamlines processes and tools across the product divisions and central functions to raise efficiency and drive profitability. It acts as a link between business areas and IT to provide new developments, new tools and fulfill support and training needs in the area of Merchandising, Sales, Markets, Vendors, Purchasing, Retail and Logistics.
The Product Development Technical Consultant role is within the Product & Price team. The Product Design & Development team supports the business with related processes in our Product Lifecycle Management system and other tools supporting the business in this area. These processes cover multiple functional areas such as (3D) design, pattern and fit, bill of materials, quotes, costing, vendor management, colors and material management. This is a temporary position (6 months) to support the newly formed Senior Manager role in driving internal team development and strategy. You will be responsible for supporting the team with internal on-boarding, training development for the business, general project management, and continuous operations support.
It is important that you have experience with enterprise software systems either from previous implementation experience or from previous business support functions. Additionally it is critical that you have an understanding of product development processes preferably in a footwear and apparel environment. The role involves interaction and cooperation of stakeholders across various business and technical teams, therefore it is essential that you have excellent social, communication and project management skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Assess internal team processes, act as sparring partner with Sr. Manager on development areas and team planning
* Drive and manage internal development projects, may include; internal team on-boarding, business training material refresh, UAT/upgrade planning, roadmap prioritization
* Assess current system training for the business and support the development of refreshed approach and plan
* Support administration of day to day support for all PLM system related requests, questions, feedback, and bugs/malfunctions
* Analyze team processes with the goal to map and improve existing communication between IT, SCPD, and ultimately the Business end users
Desired Skills and Experience:
* University Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Product Development or equivalent
* Min 8 years of work experience, preferably in fashion/retail industry or Consultancy
* Experience in Product Development and Design is required
* Experience with Change Management, specifically related to delivering or supporting enterprise software systems is required
* PLM system knowledge and/or Product Data Management and Data Modeling knowledge is required
* Experience with Centric PLM is a plus
* Experience with project management and superior skills in stakeholder management and the management of expectations are a prerequisite
* Experience in modelling and mapping complex processes especially product development processes
* Experience with the development and delivery of training materials specifically for enterprise software systems
* Change management skills and experience driving technical implementations within an organization required
* Affinity with IT tools; willingness to jump into technical details as well as drive people and process change
* Superior communication skills, strong team player with ability to influence others
* Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
* Ambitious, motivated and able to perform in hectic and changing work environment
* Superior MS-Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
Salt is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.