Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
About the Company
Our client offers shipping and total logistics solutions for customers wanting to trade between New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, Australia, and the Islands or from Asia, Europe and North and South America to the South Pacific. They value their staff and are passionate about helping you develop your career.
About the role
Reporting to the Equipment Manager the key focus of the role is to ensure all the empty containers are delivered to the right locations in a timely and cost-efficient manner. It will be up to you to make the containers are supplied to the customers (on time, in full, in spec) to meet export demand in most effective manner. sure, the export demand is met by supplying containers. It is a busy varied role where your responsibilities will include:
· Managing the empty containers planning process, balancing supply and demand while managing stock
· Tracking container stock at origin and destination identifying deficits and surpluses and determining corrective action
· Tracking container dwell times at origin and destination identifying long stay deviations to container turn-times and determining corrective active
· Forward planning, forecasting and balancing supply vs demand across the operational and tactical horizons
· Update forecasting on a quarterly basis to enable better decision making
You will be a knowledgeable and experienced coordinator who loves all things logistics and who is calm under pressure. You will also have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude. In addition, our ideal candidate will have
· Previous shipping / freight experience however open for the right candidate
· Strong planning problem solving and analytical skills
· Advanced excel skills
· Proactive orientated approach to work and excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
· Proactive team player with a customer centric attitude.
On offer is a competitive salary, a great bunch of people to work, beautiful, renovated offices and the opportunity to work for an organisation who truly value their staff and offer great wellness benefits!
Do not hesitate! Please apply below or call Louise Tallentire on 09 968 8241 to discuss further.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.