Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database
Our client is an established and global industry leading infrastructure technology company is hiring Postgres SQL DBA on yearly renewable contract role.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating, installing and managing the databases. You will ensure optimal database performance by analyzing database issues and monitoring database performance.
· Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production and Non-Production databases.
· Strive to improve the stability, security, efficiency, scalability, and availability of production systems by applying software engineering practices and by implementing database monitors and alerts.
· Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
· Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime.
· Administration on AWS Cloud (EC2, RDS & Aurora), S3 Backups, Replication.
· Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers in support of application development.
· Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
· Overall 10+ years of relevant industry experience
· Experience working as PostGres DBA for highly available systems.
· Experience working in AWS public cloud is must.
· Must have thorough understanding and experience in PostgreSQL database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
· Setup and configuration of PostgreSQL server including clustering on standalone servers and Cloud
· Security and authentication (User management / Encryption)
· Monitor and evaluate database performance and adjust database configuration as appropriate
· Participate in disaster recovery design, testing and execution
· Experience in automating SRE Database tasks
· Experience working with Agile SCRUM teams
If this sounds like your ideal next move, I want to talk to you! Reach out to me at email@example.com or apply via the posting.
CEI No: R1659595 / Licence No: 07C3147
Salt is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.