Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database
SENIOR PRODUCT OWNER
Location: You can start a remote 6-12 month contract. Then convert to a permanent contract and relocate to Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam if that suits
About the role:
Our client – a fast growing company building multi-country digital bank, are in search for a Senior Product Owner to join their global development center.
Twenty months post-launch in South Africa, their first digi-bank reached 2.6m customers and this number continues to rise. They are expanding and launching a digital bank in the Philippines this year.
Their next big project is to launch a digital bank in Philippines.
You will be part of a talented multicultural team based of around 150 in Ho Chi Minh city (Vietnam), and build, manage new digital financial services offerings across digital assets. This entails taking responsibility for the full life cycle of product development from concept, customer research and design through to product development, launch, iteration and support.
You will bring a passion for meeting the needs of individuals and businesses through a range of banking products as well as a deep understanding of the benefits that technology can bring to customers’ daily lives.
· Partner with business stakeholders and the development scrum team to define and clarify business requirements
· Define product and service vision and requirements based on customer needs and business objectives
· Accountable for driving project discovery and inception activities
· Define minimum viable product (MVP) for product launch and successive iteration and horizon mapping
· Lead agile delivery teams to prioritise backlog items, contribute to user story writing, ensure the team understands the product backlog, owning the product roadmap on behalf of business stakeholders, and planning for sprints in conjunction with the scrum master for these sprints
· Work with UXD, marketing, analytics, and the research team to identify customer personas and segments, validate MVP and product scope and deepen knowledge of customer needs, motivations and behaviors to influence designs that contribute to a rewarding customer experience
· Liaise regularly with technical developers and programmers to understand technical implications, prioritise development and make decisions about technical direction
· Work closely with business stakeholders (e.g., product managers, risk, compliance, legal, finance) to understand business imperatives, rules of engagement, expectations, analyse and mitigate risks and determine a strategic approach to product development
· Accountable for ongoing stakeholder engagement to ensure that all project scope decisions are understood and agreed to and that all their needs are met
· Own ongoing support and maintenance issues to ensure services are demonstrating continuous improvement and continuing to meet customer needs
· Identify hypotheses to validate customer problems and define clear learning objectives that will ensure the appropriate tagging and analytics coverage is achieved to inform product roadmap and prioritisation decisions
· Continually seek new innovative ideas and technology to include in the project delivery and socialize effectively with project stakeholders
· Consistently take initiative in metrics and measurements of effectiveness on new features and enhancements.
· Demonstrate the ability to guide the team in analyzing business requirements and empower the team to have more ownership of the business requirements
Your Skills and Experience:
· Industry tertiary qualified with Agile Product Owner qualifications is highly desirable
· Certified Scrum Product Owner
· Or equivalent in related work experience
· Proven ability and experience with successfully managing projects to completion
· Experience working in an Agile delivery environment as a Digital Product Owner
· Experienced in building best practice and innovative customer experiences, customer engagement, and product development
· A natural digital junkie who keeps abreast of the latest digital trends
· Experience liaising with business stakeholders and technical development teams to deliver digital products & services
· Strong influencing skills and experience successfully liaising with difficult business stakeholders and technical development teams to deliver digital products & services whilst maintaining strong relationships
· Demonstrates a strong commercial acumen with a desire to base decisions on data and business value
· Experience working in the financial services industry is an advantage
If this sounds like you, APPLY now and GET IN TOUCH with SALT!
Registration ID R1982913
Salt Search Pte Ltd – EA 05C4494
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.