We are currently seeking a UX Designer to be based in Madison, NJ. Are you an experienced UX Designer? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment? Are you excited about technology and innovation? This role might be the perfect fit for you!
As the UX Designer, you will perform activities in the following areas: Support our digital products. Through research and analysis, you will get to know our customers’ motivations and needs and will become their internal advocate. This, in combination with your ability to grasp complicated business needs and processes, will guide you in shaping beautiful and simple interface designs in the form of sketches, wireframes, and prototypes. You are hands-on in execution, working with product owners, scrummasters, designers, analysts, and developers to turn visions into working products and experiences. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are able to serve as an enabler of change in a large organization. You’re the person at the whiteboard figuring things out.
- Lead UX project activities for our core products and services. Under the direction of the UX Director, collaborate with product management to ideate new opportunities that advance core products and services.
- Execute UX activities for core product development. Define user journeys as needed to develop voice and intent of the products. Participate in user and concept definition activities that result in execution-ready artifacts, such as sketches, wireframes, or prototypes.
- Participate in and/or lead research activities in order to understand user behavior, wants, and needs.
- Remain current on user experience disciplines and new technologies. Keep up on the latest trends in UX, attend conferences, join user experience community, pro-actively bring knowledge back into the organization.
Your background includes…
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or 5-8 years equivalent professional experience designing customer-facing websites and working with external customers
- 3+ years with HTML, CSS
- 1+ experience working with agile development groups and an understanding of agile methodologies.
- 1+ year experience planning and performing user testing
- Deep portfolio of exceptional work showcasing research and insights projects that resulted in measurable improvements and innovation in the digital and mobile space.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles.
- Skilled communicator who can influence key stakeholders and senior management
- Talented mentor who can grow knowledge and skills across the research practice
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, Optimizely.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an Agile Environment
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-1810-140856
Salary per: annually
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Locations: New Jersey
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Architecture, IA, user experience, UX, wireframing