Innovation Lab team in NYC (client of ours) is looking for an exceptionally talented and thoughtful designer to join them building revolutionary products on a collaborative team with strong mentorship.
You’ll work with engineers, product managers and designers in a fast-paced, user-centric environment.
The right candidate brings enthusiasm, innovation, and fearlessness to the role as well as a spirit of problem-solving. Some details below – Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions.
- Define and continuously refine UX strategy. Strategy includes ‘what’ is built as well as ‘how’ you work
- Coach and direct a team of designers, manage project loads and make sure deadlines are met, in a spirit of mentorship
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and user research teams
- Stay on top of changing technologies, as well as industry standards
- Be part of defining best practices and creating style guides
- Help drive user testing efforts
- Participate in the recruitment and interview process of new designers
- Experience creating sophisticated, elegant design and desire to help others produce the same. You know how to set goals and motivate others to reach them, and enjoy coaching and mentoring a team
- You’ve shipped product: you know the challenges (and rewards!) of release cycles and how to partner across the organization at every stage, shipping quickly and at the highest level of quality
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage several large projects simultaneously
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with product team members on requirements and design
- Experience prototyping on multiple platforms
- Ability to act as an internal consultant providing business and technical guidance: you’re comfortable talking about business models and analytics
- At least 5 years of industry experience (preferably in an agile environment), with minimum of two managing and guiding teams
- An exceptional design portfolio with well thought out interactions and visuals across web applications
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-1805-136160
Salary per: annually
Job Start Date: July 2018
Job Locations: New York
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Design, Leadership, product, Strategy, user experience, UX