Our client is looking for a mid to senior Product Designer on a digital transformation team, positioned in a pod with engineers and product managers, owning the design process end to end.
Who you are
You’re working at a startup with a lifespan near its finish. You’re the talented member of a team at a popular technology company looking for the opportunity to have more control and leadership. You’re the workhorse at an agency, tired of coding products for promotions instead of real users. Ever thought of creating your own product?
Some signs you might be ready:
- You’re a maker, above all else. Working alone or with other designers, you have shipped an experience well-received by users, one that wasn’t just incremental change but an entirely new product. In your spare time, you’ve collaborated with friends to conduct experiments outside of work. You make first and write later, understanding the value of prototypes, small trials and fast fails.
- User experience and visual design is your one-two punch. You can prototype and design in HTML (or use Sketch/Invision), skipping traditional tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator if necessary. You are comfortable working at various levels of resolution – from whiteboard sketches to detailed design work. You can create wireframes and articulate flows, create pixel-perfect mockups and work iteratively with our engineering team.
- Your experience is quality over quantity. Years of professional experience isn’t important, but an understanding of what it takes to build a product from scratch is.
- Your portfolio emphasizes mobile work, but your desktop work is just as sharp.
- You’re comfortable with Lean UX methods.
- You put users first. You love talking to and observing them. You believe that users should have the loudest voice in the room. You make to learn. You understand the role of validation and its place in the product development process.
What you’ll own
- Every stage of the design work – from creating concepts and presentations and making pixel-perfect visual layouts and redlines to working with engineers and pushing out production assets.
- You’ll participate in user testing and transform those findings into new interfaces.
- You’ll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers and engineers, dedicated to crafting new solutions for delivering service to our customers.
- Through regular product meetings, transforming consumer stories into product ideas, storyboarding and prototyping UX experiences, you’ll grow your own skills and those of your colleagues.
- Design software (Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite – as examples)
- Copy, branding, logo design
- User testing, storyboards, wireframes
- Rapid Prototyping
- HTML, CSS3, JS (as a plus)
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-1906-149953
Salary per: annually
Job Start Date: asap
Job Industries: Product Design Jobs
Job Locations: New York
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: data, designer, Digital, Enterprise, innovation, Machine Learning, product design, user experience, UX