Upload your CV
Upload your resume to our database.
What a time to be a Designer in NYC! The landscape has changed but there is still opportunity!
Like many companies right now in NY, this SaaS Product company is currently all remote working from home but they plan to return to their office when it’s safe to do so. Also like some companies here, they intend to create as much flexibility as possible for their Product team – allowing a mix of onsite and WFH days.
Note: this is not a fully remote role, you would have to be onsite at least once a week in the NJ area.
So what at some of the interesting points about this company and what are they looking for in their next Senior Product Designer;
– They’re 6+ years old now but their Beta product is only two years old. It’s having great success but like always, they know there’s room for improvement
– They have a relatively flat structure, you’d work direct with their CPO
– They care about their people – it’s refreshing to work with their HR team who genuinely care about the team
– They’re based outside of Manhattan so you can avoid the Subways within the city right now
– They will be flexible with providing majority of the week WFH
So what kind of Senior Designer do they need;
– An end to end Product Designer is the dream – a Designer who can UX, ideate, validate, test and carry Design all the way through to final UI
– Your UI is strong – you’ve got visual aesthetic, you understand how to make modern products
– You’ve likely worked on a Design System in the past – seeing the efficiency within the Product, you Design Re-usable components where you can
– You’ve likely worked on a CRM, Platform or dashboard before – knowing how to create a super clean interface for a range of users.
– You’re a confident Design Decision maker, you’re a contributor and you can steer the Design Decisions as you need to.
– You’re open to working in a start-up with a relatively flat structure – you like to just dig in and go for it making high impact
This has been a trying time for many Designers across the country, but we’re seeing things increase positively. This company is absolutely motivated to hire so let’s leverage that!
I’m Jared Tredly – Creative Consultant here in NYC covering all things Design. If you’re a Designer of any kind and you’re looking for something new – either permanent or freelance I’m always up for a chat. I work on a range of opportunities and not all of them are advertised!
For the Companies/Teams/Directors out there who are in need of designers, I keep a highly curated client base but am always open to a chat about potentially working together – just get in touch.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Do you love emerging technologies? Do you get excited about something where there is no clear path forward but there is a proof of concept? Do you love a challenge…$150000.00 - $200000.00 annually + 401k