I really appreciate Product companies like this one who truly embrace and push UI by allowing a highly specialised and deciated position to exist purely for Visual and UI.
We often see companies expecting heavy end to end type experience but in this team of Designers, they’re able to allow people to really focus and push deeper into a vertical like Visual Designer and lean on the expertise of their UX and Research counterparts.
This company is NYC HQ’d but all working remote. They’re going to return to the office at some point but it may not be for 6 – 12 months yet. So yes you can work remotely within the US, but you’re prepared to relocate to NYC as soon as it’s safe.
WHY consider them;
- They’re a household name; incredibly successful product that is really pushing an industry forward
- They have a positive mission – they make an impact in peoples lives! Their well being and health is improved as a result of this platform
- They have an established design practice that is levelling up – Join a team of existing designers across UX, Research and DesignOps – they take design seriously!
- Work on their Consumer facing products – your work is going to be seen!
- Design for a huge mix of screens – push your UI skills across Web, Mobile, TV, Tablet etc!
This is how you’re going to get a look in;
- Proven experience in Senior UI roles and several years commercial experience shipping Products
- Folio that shows beautiful Consumer Facing Apps you’ve designed
- Experience in working at pace – offering iterations and multiple concepts
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Master at multiple screensizes! Show me the variety in your folio!
- Motion/Animation? If you can show this you’ll blow my mind – please!!!
- Knowing the difference between Responsive Web and Native capability
- Systems design – when you’re doing visuals you’re thinking in scalability and patterns always!
These are Senior positions within this team and they can certainly compensate accordingly (stock on top is also an option!). It’s not often this level of role opens up like this at this calibre and scale. I’m going to move very fast on this but I know this company has a very high bar so it’s super important your folio is looking it’s absolute best.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2007-191804
Salary: $160000.00 - $180000.00 annually
Salary per: annually
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: New York
Job Types: Permanent