The Program Manager and Governance leader is accountable for project management services which demonstrate command of project scope, measured outcomes, project plans, risks, and dependencies for key initiatives that are defined by the Marketing Plan. This leader is also accountable for establishing, driving adoption, and chairing the governance forums needed to define the processes and principles required to implement and maintain scalable, enterprise platforms needed to enable connected experiences and behavior changing programs.
- Responsible for providing project management leadership and driving execution by building cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are produced on time, with quality results, and account for stakeholder feedback.
- Collaborate, influence, and negotiate with Marketing leaders, Technology teams, external vendors, and stakeholders to drive outcomes that achieve Marketing’s objectives across a portfolio of projects.
- Responsible for managing a team of project managers and directly driving the following activities for a portfolio of projects:
- Define, sequence, schedule, and resource activities required to implement project deliverables. Develop project plans, identify and mitigate risks, and manage dependencies.
- Develop integrated project plans including all interdependencies and oversee the day-to-day activities. Ensure the right work is being done at the right time, predict downstream impact of how activities are sequenced, and identify when escalation is required.
- Identify, document, manage, escalate, and resolve risks, issues, and scope changes with project teams and stakeholders; ensure commitment to timelines and objectives.
- Collaborate with Strategic Marketing Initiatives team to define the frameworks and templates that will used on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly review basis to monitor and track work and output against the goals set in the Marketing Plan.
- Champion process and tool improvement efforts to strengthen and build upon existing PMO capabilities. Enforce best practices by demonstrating expert knowledge within this discipline.
- Educates, coaches, and mentors on Agile/Scrum best practices and influences this way of working across all appropriate projects (not just those with a technology component).
- Supports the collaboration with other PMOs within New York Life to identify proven project management standards and opportunities for enterprise-wide adoption of Agile/Scrum/SAFe.
- Establish approach, standards, and processes to support project managers in building business acceptance testing plans and use cases across a diverse set of projects.
- Accountable for the establishment, implementation, and adoption of a platform governance practice including: operating model framework, forums, processes, and principles.
- Manage resources with platform knowledge and governance background to chair governance forums that manage how technologies serving multiple tenants should be implemented in a manner that promotes scalability and efficient run costs while enabling functionality that differentiates NYL’s businesses.
- Accountable for vendor relationship management for key external partners; in partnership with SMEs, negotiate scope, staffing models, and price so contract terms reflect NYL and Marketing’s requirements.
- Deep understanding of external partner services and help to build lean staffing models that limits overlap across vendors
Skills & Competencies
- Self-starter, comfortable with navigating ambiguity, and be passionate about driving change and transformation across the organization
- System/process oriented, problem solver, ability to manage multiple, complex initiatives, and balance the need to work strategically and hands-on
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to create structure, set pace to drive and manage project activities, and establish governance processes
- Drive and guide project teams to make decisions and alternative paths forward, especially in periods of ambiguity
- Ability to pivot team direction as needed and see connectivity and dependencies across related projects
- Ability to manage stakeholder engagement and appropriately set expectations
- Proven background in Agile/SAFe and experience extending to Marketing projects that do not necessarily have a technology component
- Internal influencer, negotiating, and consulting skills
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-1910-155033
Salary per: annually
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Digital Marketing Jobs
Job Locations: New York
Job Types: Permanent