Join a startup with $140M of funding and a product being used by Amex and Paypal. Use your extensive knowledge of backend OOP languages and REST based interfaces to build their next generation of developer-friendly APIs.
A Series C Funded Data-As-A-Service Startup headquartered in New York City. Winners of TechCrunch disrupt, they have enjoyed great success partnering with blue-chip companies who use their platform to answer mission-critical questions using publicly available data. They are adding an API offering to their service (think a Stripe / Plaid model) and are seeking a talented backend engineer to join their API team to build a product that is truly scalable.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, test and maintain API’s
- Build out the API’s backends
- Collaborate with Product, Data Science and Machine Learning teams to build intelligence products
- Take ownership of all phases of the development cycle
- Create mission-critical APIs to power our new business model
The ideal candidate has:
- Python Expertise
- Experience structuring, executing and testing high availability, scalable API products
- Experience planning and building REST APIs that are cohesive, usable, and in back/forward compatible.
- Worked in a cloud domain, ideally AWS
- Knowledge of at least one OOP programming language (Python / Java / Scala / Go)
- Deep expertise in taking ideas from zero to completion
- Built monitoring and alerting systems to recognize failures and keep up high availability in production
- Passion to show others how its done and work cooperatively within a cross-functional team
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or ECS, Terraform
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-1911-155404
Salary: $160000 - $200000.00 annually + equity
Salary per: annually
Job Start Date: 12/17/2019
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: New York
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: API, AWS, Backend, Python, REST