I am looking for a Head Product Designer to lead my clients Design team. You are a custodian of Design, not only for the Product, your team but the entire business.
You will be responsible…
Managing the team, including making resourcing decisions, conducting the flow of work and maintaining relationships and operating rhythms with leaders of other teams across the business.
Accountable for the design aspects of our products, as well as the quality and integrity of design in production across multiple channels.
Lead the product design process, from UX design, UI design, usability testing, design standards and patterns of the design system.
What you’ll be doing…
- You will collaborate closely with product ownership, engineering, business stakeholders and other design professionals to iterate on and refine the existing and future UI and UX.
- Oversee the planning processes by breaking down design output to fit release cadence, planning, aligning, reviewing, and approving design implementation throughout the path to production.
- Participate in design reviews, giving and receiving feedback in an appropriate way.
Design system development & implementation:
- Define the core elements of the design system, specifying UX, visual, content, interaction and motion elements as well as documenting behaviours, usage guidelines and best practices that will guide how teams design and build products/services.
- Cultivate internal knowledge around the design system by serving as a subject matter expert to contributing teams who are designing additions to the design system.
- Help define design philosophy, principles, & standards, and the design direction of the experience, visual style of the design system.
- Forming close relationships with our partners to uncover their needs. Serving as the conduit and advocate to the product team on customer and end-user wants, needs and desires.
- Scale research beyond the Design team, helping other teams learn how to effectively conduct their own studies to gain market insights as needed.
- Grow the design and research teams. Hire, organise, and mentor.
- Coach designers to become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their core competencies at envisioning what could be.
- Lead and grow a team of product designers and design researchers by setting clear objectives, establishing a strong design process, and building a strong team culture.
Qualifications & experience
- At least 8 years of experience creating product strategy and designing end-user products.
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading design teams.
Please contact me directly on email@example.com
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2101-196675
Salary per: month
Job Start Date: 2021-04-01
Job Industries: Creative
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Product Design, User Experience, User Interface