My client is looking for a hands-on UI Lead: you should expect to spend at least 70% of your time performing UI tasks and producing UI artefacts. The other 30% of your time will be split between day-to-day people management, recruitment and strategic planning with other leads and senior management.
Reporting to the Head of UX Design.
- Lead design strategy for several work-streams within one of the company’s most meaningful pillars.
- Steer and lead the UI Designers, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole design team better.
- Support and lead the UI Designers by applying your craft:.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Leading the hiring process to influence major decisions.
- Experience designing digital products and UI design systems.
- Experience designing UI pattern libraries and style guides.
- Experience working with company CIs and enriching CIs.
- A solid understanding of iOS, Android or Web design patterns.An affinity for the latest trends in technology and great design.
- You use empathy in your communication.
- Well crafted communication skills (written, verbal & visual).
- Chairing workshops & meetings.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 8+ years experience as product designer in an experience-led team.
- You have a long track record of applying research insights to design.
- Strong understanding of product owner needs.
- Good storytelling and presentation experience.
- History of self-initiated projects.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
I am working closely with the hiring manager and would love to represent you if we can establish that you are a strong fit.
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2007-192037
Salary: ZAR50000.00 - ZAR70000.00 per month
Salary per: month
Job Start Date: 2021-01-04
Job Industries: Creative
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Product Design, User Experience, User Interface