My client has an open role for a User Experience leader to grow and develop our exceptional team of designers, and work hands on design of simple, accessible and progressive products for small businesses. You’ll be part of building the tools that over 100 000 small businesses use to serve their customers.
This position requires an innovative designer, a clever problem solver, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled communicator – all rolled into one. Hands-on design skills, a thorough understanding of web and mobile applications, and excellent leadership skills are all essential for this role.
Our process starts with a user insight, and then we iteratively design and build solutions. Teams of product managers, engineers, designers, data analysts, researchers – whoever we need to solve the challenge – own a customer problem and collaborate from the start of the journey to the end. Our approach is agile, we’re always learning and improving how we work.
- Manage UX designers, and lead the creation of the processes to grow the design team through hiring, training and internships.
- Partner with our Lead User Interface Designer to establish and nurture a scalable community of practice for our UX and UI designers, with shared rituals that encourage consistently excellent design, skill sharing and development.
- Embed customer-centricity across the company through leadership, transparency and knowledge sharing.
- Own our customer journey map, and lead the way on information architecture, journey flows and design best practices for web, mobile and our devices.
- As part of a product pod, work across the product development lifecycle on one to two products. You’ll be a hands-on practitioner as you grow the UX team, then can choose to take a step back and lead through the team.
- Advocate for new design-driven approaches and improve working practices. Scale design capacity in product using tools, processes, structure and ways of working. Keep yourself and the rest of the team up to date with the latest practices and technologies in design and the wider development and design field.
People with diverse backgrounds. My client values inclusive working practices and diverse teams.
- At least six years of product design experience. Our ideal candidate has substantial UX and UI experience, but particularly excels at UX.
- You have a successful track record leading teams and building work relationships. You inspire passion, dedication, and exceptional work from others.
- You have a strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful experiences and stunning visuals across web and mobile applications-not just static websites.
- You have experience creating large-scale digital experiences, or applications, and know the difference between “good” and “amazing” design solutions.
- You are deeply curious and obsessed with creating great experiences that begin with listening to customers
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind.
Please reach out to me with your resume and some case studies firstname.lastname@example.org
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2011-195496
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 2021-05-03
Job Industries: Creative
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Product Design, User Experience, User Interface