Chief Marketing Officer
I am working for an exciting eCommerce business that is looking for a CMO to join the team. Your key responsibilities include defining and implementing short and long-term marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, promotions, and brand partnerships for the organisation as part of a considered marketing plan aimed at fulfilling the business’s growth objectives.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting growth objectives and achieving key financial plan targets for the organisation
- Take performance ownership and provide the vision, mission and goals to create business success
- Plan, implement and manage marketing strategies with the Marketing Manager to support the company’s overall strategic objectives
- Innovate process across the department and streamline with new technology
- Work with technical departments (Tech & BI) to improve the businesses understanding of customer
- Determine KPIs for the marketing department
- Protect the business from risk through responsible management of the marketing budget
- Build and present the annual marketing plan
- Use data and reports to make evidence-based decisions
- Design and plan effective marketing campaigns with the Marketing Manager for key stakeholders in the department to execute
- Track KPIs on a regular basis and present reports
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
- Develop and guide brand positioning and public perception
- Be a leader and a knowledge resource for the in-house marketing team
- Hiring additional resources, as required.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience in e-commerce marketing (this is a non-negotiable)
- Additional marketing skills developed within the FMCG environment are advantageous
- Minimum bachelors degree in marketing, technology or similar field
- Possess superb knowledge and experience in leading and managing Digital Media, Social Media, Brand and Online to Offline (O2O) including managing agencies.
- Strong project management skills – prior experience of managing (leading) projects involving cross functional teams is preferred.
- Confident in presenting analysis, diagnosis and solutions to senior management.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning and priority setting.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Experience in managing direct reports.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2102-197612
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Marketing
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent