A popular media Agency in Cape Town is looking for a Digital strategic planner to join a dynamic and driven team!
Objectives of the role:
As a Strategic Digital Planner, you will be expected to support all digital media activities and marketing programs for the business to increase the digital advertising revenues and market share for your allocated clients/accounts. Your objectives include implementation and delivery of all digital campaigns including planning, reporting, compiling and presenting insights, optimizations, and trafficking of all digital campaigns. The Strategic Digital Planner is responsible for executing all day-to-day digital media planning and client service activities associated with assigned accounts, supporting the Digital Lead in the day to day operations of the digital department. The incumbent will need to provide media planning recommendations and offer resourceful problem-solving, both internally and externally, while maintaining successful client relationships and support to the Digital Lead. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing media plans and other deliverables and execute media plan implementation all of which will require high financial acumen and a commercial mindset to be successful.
- Develop strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale.
- Develop and execute media plans.
- Manage buy stewardship, analyze campaigns, and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance with insights.
- Assist in analysis of research to develop strategies and tactics with Digital Lead.
- Manage day-to-day plan changes and maintenance of media plans.
- Ensure all elements of digital campaigns go live on time and are fulfilled to specifications.
- Verify campaign elements go live and communicate information to Digital Leads and Implementation Planners highlighting any shortcomings with creative elements, or issues with creative.
- Ensure applicable digital campaigns include retargeting segment pixels, post-click conversion pixels, and post-view conversion pixels, UTM Tracking codes with standard naming conventions.
- Ensure digital campaigns are pacing properly via Sizmek (Mediamind) and verify all elements are pacing on all campaigns they are assigned to 1X per week.
- Deliver monthly campaign reports within 3 business days of month close.
- Participate in in-house training programs as well as attend, as necessary, seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Possess a complete understanding of product workflow to ensure on time and accurate campaign delivery. Meet fulfillment deadlines, complete accurate reporting, submit CI’s to buyers, and complete PCA reporting in a timely manner.
- Create Insertion orders for billing setup.
- Proactive recommendations with regards to optimizations. Requirements for Implementation Planning:
- All Media Schedules need to be sent out to clients containing chase lists within 48 hours after approval on the media strategy.
- All Chase lists requirements need to be sent to the creative agency on the day that the media schedule is completed.
- Planners need to achieve a minimum of a 35% discount off the rate card from media owners. This is an exception with biddable media placements.
- Implementation Planners need to set digital KPI’s/Benchmarks on every campaign to ensure the best results for clients.
- Once a quarter, the implementation planner needs to present back to the wider digital team their learnings across key campaigns to further educate other planners across tactics and best performing digital placements/media owners.
Requirements for Campaign Management:
- Screenshots (Proof of fighting) need to be sent off to the client, copying all relevant parties within 24 hours of going live. 48 Hours for international clients.
- Creative Matrix needs to be accurate without containing any errors. This needs to be sent to the creative agency within 24 hours after being briefed into campaign management.
- Reporting needs to be done and sent to client weekly unless otherwise stipulated by the client.
- Creative Q&A need to be checked within 4 hours of receiving the creative assets.
- Campaign Managers need to respond/acknowledge receipt of the client’s emails, within 3 hours of receiving communication.
- Campaign Managers should pre-check all the received assets from the client/creative agency and communicate any irregularities or errors to the planner and digital lead/client within timeline
- Campaign Managers need to meet with clients at least once every two months.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Strong oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Being accountable for all outputs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Sizmek, DFA & Google Business Applications
- Experience with back-end tools for inventory assessment and the ability to stay up-to-date with industry developments is essential for success in this role.
- Staying on top of new media channels and platforms.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships inter-departmentally as well as with those outside the team
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Strong understanding of interactive digital tools; GWI, Synthesis.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2007-192356
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Marketing
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent