A technology-driven digital agency based in Johannesburg is recruiting for a Google Planner/Campaign manager.
The planner is responsible for strategy, planning, buying, launching, implementing, campaign managing, and optimizing campaigns, monitoring budgets and overseeing platform accounts, tracking KPIs and producing useful reports.
Responsibilities also include being involved in keyword selection and audience targeting and adjusting bids to gain better ROI. This campaign planner must be adept at building all types of paid campaigns including lead gen and conversion campaigns, shopping and carousel campaigns and of course understand and be on top of all-new platform features, trends and opportunities.
The Planner campaign manager is also a key resource for each account and is expected to support the team in strategy, education, mentorship, media owner showcases and digital media thought-leadership. This person must have previous digital media agency experience and know of have relationships with key publishers, tech houses and buying partners.
- Experience with setup, management, optimisation and reporting in one or more of the following Ad platforms:
- Google | Youtube | GDN
- RTB | Adform | Verizon
Certification in one or more of the following Ad platforms:
- Google Ads (Search, Display and Video)
- Facebook Ads (Blueprint, free version)
- Google Marketing Platform
- Twitter 101
- Certification in Google Analytics preferred
- Certification in Google Tag Manager advantageous
- Completion and adherence to Annual KPI’s set out and agreed to by yourself and the MD.
- Adherence to financial and operational business rules
- An efficient and correct understanding and use of the business’s financial system which you actively work with (Smartsheet, IO’s, Media Plans, PO uploads etc),
- An in-depth understanding of basic financials which allow you to do your planning job effectively.
- Accurate input of Ad serving costs, premium booking fees, management fee calculations etc.
- Maintain high standard of quality output.
- Positive influence, and contribution to the business culture.
- Plan, buy, implement, manage, analyze and optimize clients paid social campaigns.
- Proficiency in RTB, and or booked media campaigns Influencer marketer campaigns.
- Provide industry best practice and data driven insights and recommendation.
- Use of Facebook, Twitter and additional APIs for day-to-day campaign management
- Campaign reporting and analysis.
- Daily management and accountability of account budgets and bids (pacing).
- Involvement in recommending ways to improve the efficiency of the team’s operation.
- Actively manage campaigns to deliver on the clients’ goals – which may vary from engagement, acquisitions, direct response, reach and frequency, etc.
- Communicate frequently with clients on all elements of the campaign, including planning, performance, and project status and client goals.
- Develop and manage execution of campaign plans.
- Maintain high levels of up-to-date knowledge of best practices and strategies in paid media (betas, ad network updates, innovation opportunities, etc).
- Maintain knowledge of the dynamic digital ecosystem (search, social, native, display) and how channels work together.
- Assist in the development of media strategy and building paid plans (including audience targeting and segmentation, messaging, flighting, budgeting, etc).
- Thoroughly understand client’s business, goals and KPIs.
- Provide creative guidance to clients, partner agencies and internal teams based goals and media flighting – help clients tell their stories.
- Contribute to client education; evangelize the value of paid media and the best practices.
- Build effective relationships with all vendors – ad networks, technology partners, etc.
- Support and assist in developing team members to optimize their performance, contribution and job satisfaction.
- Achieve positive relationship reviews from Clients.
To apply or for more information, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2101-196905
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Marketing
Job Locations: Johannesburg
Job Types: Permanent