My client is a fast-growing online fashion business based in South Africa.
As the Head of Brand, you will be reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and in close partner to the heads of editorial, digital, product, and buying. This role drives the foundations by owning the shopper marketing, brand, and communication strategies as well as analytic, technology, and KPIs across brand marketing. Direct reports include brand managers and the CRM team.
- Consumer Insights / Shopper Marketing – You should be comfortable working closely with the BI / Data Science to profile the demographics, behaviours, and psychographics of our customers.
- Brand Strategy / Positioning – You will articulate clear parameters of what the brand represents across all comms – helping grow demand for the client’s master brand, the brands that sit under it, and our core retail proposition.
- Communications Planning (channel/media strategy) – You will own the brand marketing calendar and corresponding channel plans leveraging key brand moments across the year.
- Proposition Marketing (delivery types, product launches, etc) – This nurtures a distinct approach to how we engage our audience with the brand.
- Retail & trade -. You will work closely with the Buying team to develop collaborative marketing strategies to grow awareness and credibility of the client’s fashion offering within own brand and branded ranges.
- Campaigns and Content – Develop and implement cross-functional marketing plans for the client. Work closely with the editorial and content teams to ensure marketing strategies align to activity within the content and social channels and ensuring we use these channels to help deliver against our marketing objectives.
- Partnerships (commercial/ad sales) – Seek out and leverage effective and innovative partnerships that enable the client to better fulfill its audience’s needs.
- Public Relations
- Analytics/Reporting – Working closely with several cross-functional teams consisting of ATL, performance, CRM, social and editorial specialists as you conceive, implement, and report on the performance of marketing campaigns ensuring the impact of initiatives is fully understood by the business.
- Finance & Ops – Manage the brand marketing P&L achieving income production, and budgetary targets.
- Leadership/Supervisory Role – You will lead the brand marketing department and oversee all brand marketing activities,
- Agency management – Management of various 3rd party agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role in brand marketing, retail fashion is a plus.
- Proven experience working with data-led, shopper marketing insight & strategies
- Extensively familiar with all major media channels inclusive of TV, radio, outdoor, print, PR as well as; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- A visual and verbal communication expertise, including the ownership of progress reports, performance reports, and project/strategic proposal
- Skilled in Excel with proven experience and ownership of budgets / P&L’s
- Understanding of the legal, rights management, and regulatory landscape of content production
- People skills, this position is highly interactive demanding the individual be highly relatable, easy to engage with, building strong relationships with colleagues, partners, and the media.
My client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2008-193542
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Marketing
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent