Head Of Marketing
My client is one of South Africa’s leading payment gateway providers and they are seeking the best Head Of Marketing in Africa to provide strategic leadership and guidance to the marketing and sales teams located across South Africa and the SADC regions whilst improving brand positioning and increasing revenue through the creation, implementation, and execution of innovative and tactical marketing objectives, methods, policies, and activities.
They provide a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure, instant payments directly into a merchant’s bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling, and in-store transactions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree is essential
- 10 years of marketing experience in a leading prior company (Software and Financial Technology industry is preferred)
- 3 years of leadership experience managing a team of direct reports
In short, you must have a very strong digital background and have been leading the marketing function in a scaling and hypergrowth business.
- Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics, and reporting
- Create, implement and ensure the successful execution of high-level marketing plans and brand strategies whilst aligning these to institutional plans and objectives
- Facilitate and drive the sales and marketing strategy to increase revenue, reduce costs and mitigate risks
- Guide marketing related activities to ensure brand building positioning and awareness across all aspects of the marketing mix
- Lead marketing communication across various channels and market segments
- Oversee the use of lead-tracking systems and management processes to ensure demand creation and lead generation
- Oversee and leverage brand building and positioning through digital and social media platforms
- Implement and leverage the latest marketing tools and technologies
- Engage in critical market and competitive research to segment and define target markets, refine and improve the product value proposition and implement the best market-penetration strategy
- Manage external agencies and relationships with marketing services and develop and maintain long-term relationships with industry thought-leaders, marketing associations, and advisors
- Ensure that the content for Radio, TV campaigns, Social Media, Digital and Print for SA and SADC regions are within statutory and legislative boundaries and demonstrate precision
- Promote individual and departmental success and high performance through teamwork, motivation, professional development, and leadership
- Encourage institutional growth through the use of strategic and creative leadership, financial acumen and strong business intellect
- Experience in all aspects of material production for Radio, TV campaigns, Social Media, Digital and Print.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2007-192008
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Marketing
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Software + Fintech