Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Job Title: Agnostic Software Engineer
Location: Cape Town
Reporting to: Team Leader/ Head of Department
Our client is recruiting 2 Agnostic Software Engineers to deliver product enhancements directly to the business within Research, Trade Management, Client Technology, and Data Technology.
The roles will best suit full-stack Software Engineers who may have experience across different industries; although previous Financial Services or Asset Management will be an advantage.
Our client is responsible for the delivery of systems and applications to enable the business to perform the full life cycle of investments from Portfolio Management, Trading, Risk, Performance, Research and Client Reporting all enabled via our core Data-as-a-Service strategy and dynamic Infrastructure.
We make the decision to develop in-house where it adds most value to the business, but also blend that with vendor products where there is already a market leading product available.
There is a preference for the candidate to have a range of data-related skills from design to data surfacing techniques.
* Developing to house standards; ensuring code is clean, functional and simple to support.
* Requirement gathering, communicating with stakeholders, and documenting findings in the form of user stories.
* Partnering with engineering leads and product owners to deliver value-adding functionality sprint by sprint.
* Working in a quick-to-market proof-of-concept manner to engage stakeholders and focus on high-quality deliverables.
* Utilising Test Driven Development to maintain high-quality products.
* Working in a collaborative manner across teams.
* Embracing DevOps techniques.
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities
* Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.
* Ensuring Compliance training, declarations, and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis.
* Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected.
* Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues.
* Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse.
Candidate Requirements – Technical Knowledge and Experience:
* A BSc or other relevant degree
* Minimum of 5 years working with object-orientated programming languages such as C#, Java and /or Python.
* Preference for experience in Financial Services / Asset Management
* Experience working with REST APIs and GraphQL.
* Experience implementing software within an automated test-driven development environment.
* SQL is essential – NoSQL, Data Lake, EDM advantageous.
* Source control via Git essential.
* UI/UX skills would be a useful addition, though not essential for data-focused roles.
* Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS and Azure desirable.
* Experiencing building data integration solutions using different on-premise and cloud-based technologies (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Functions).
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.