Business Analyst (Checkout & Customer Self-Service)
Reporting to the Product Team Lead
- To analyse and understand project scope and core objectives
- Lead requirements elicitation workshops with stakeholders to define high level business requirements
- Assist stakeholders to prioritize the requirements
- Plan and lead workshops with stakeholders and technical resources to elicit detailed, low level functional requirements
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into their constituent details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs.
- Collaborate with technical lead and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with project team to analyse information needs and functional requirements to deliver the following artefacts as needed:
- Business/functional requirement specification
- Workflow / process flow diagrams
- Data Model/s
- Obtain sign-off on the specifications
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by attending daily team meetings and initiating functional clarification sessions where needed.
- Setting timelines, driving project schedules and leading cross-functional development teams from design through to release.
- Be the liaison between the business and the engineering team.
- Project manage the implementation of selected project initiatives.
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high quality, innovative, clean solutions
- Ability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Versatile and with an appetite to learn by doing
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2006-190674
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 2020-08-01
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent