The role of the Business Application Manager is to identify what software is best for a business’ specific need, to evaluate and test software continuously and to ensure the underlying hardware is supportive of all implementations.
The Business Applications Manager will acquire software, prepare the servers, install the software, configure it, load data into it, tune it, upgrade it, and repair it when there are problems. They also train and communicate how to use the software across the organization.
- Assessing business process requirements, analyses the structure and flow of the business’ work to identify possible application solutions. Need to be aware of the latest software developments and think of ways that software can be applied to make the business more efficient and successful.
- Manages system hardware and application software implementation and upgrades. This role will lead a team of end user technologists that will be responsible for implementing and upgrading system hardware and application software. They manage all hardware and software across the company. This role and the team carefully monitor all software and hardware implementations.
- Troubleshoots problems with the software, provide technical support and problem resolutions related to business application software systems
- Manages the delivery of GOLD standard IT infrastructure and customer service support. This role will also be responsible for disaster recovery and business continuity management
- Tertiary qualification in information systems
- TOGAF certification would be a huge advantage
- Tertiary Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or commerce
- At minimum 4 years’ experience in managing and IT infrastructure and business applications portfolio.
- Project management experience.
- Any experience with Azure will be advantageous
- AWS low code, serverless environments will be advantageous
- Team management experience
- Ability to perform in a fast paced/high volume environment with less than ideal systems which requires tight deadlines to be consistently met with accurate and reliable information
- Demonstrated experience on developing highly creative, outcome focused solutions which improve restaurant operations
- Excellent customer management and communication skills
- Excellent Stakeholder alignment and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated supervisory and team building experience, including coaching, mentoring, and general development of team members
- Analytical and problem solving – Expert
- Deep understanding of restaurant/retail system features and their integration capabilities
- Deep understanding of QSR/Retail operational processes;
- Deep understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Deep understanding of network topologies
- Deep understanding of Cisco technologies
- Deep understanding of software architecture
- Project management experience
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2101-197033
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent