PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Ensure relevant, accurate and comprehensive information, reports and analysis of internal business performance are provided to key stakeholders
- Support key decision makers in pro-actively identifying business opportunities to enhance overall business performance.
- Coordinate preparation of Strategic business plans and budgeting processes.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Develop and maintain reporting to monitor detailed product portfolios internal performance tracking and projections in order to achieve short and long-term business objectives.
- Ensure the regular monthly performance reports are prepared, analyzed, commented and reported according to the instructions from PMI and/or external authorities.
- Provide insights and additional performance information when requested by regional and/or local management.
- Ensure timely submission of all data inputs into the PMI global reporting system.
- Ensure the information is accurate, up-to-date and relevant.
- Continue to develop, maintain and propose improvements to the information systems being utilized for reporting in order to maximize their functionality, minimize the duplication of information and to ensure the most effective use to meet the business requirements.
AD HOC PROJECTS
- Collect, co-ordinate and analyze business data, market and sales related information and ensure accurate and relevant content in order to assist the organization or regional management (OC) in decision making, strategy development or feasibility studies/ proposals.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and/or task forces.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The candidate should possess:
- Strong communicator and at ease with presenting feedback on all levels
- Analytical thinking and learning agility
- Problem solving
- Drive for results
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated Customer Service Orientation and Teamwork
- Knowledge of the Project Management Lifecycle
- Work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- MS Office (in particular, Excel and PowerPoint)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in finance
- Recently qualified CA would be an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in Finance, Business Development & Planning/Strategic Analyst roles within FMCG.
- Previous experience in a Budget & Reporting function.
- Strong reporting experience
- Advance MS excel with interactive dashboard experience
- Power BI will be an advantage
- Demonstrated cross-functional expertise, strong communication skills as well as ability to operate independently are essential.
Salt is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2011-196022
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Contract