Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
The DevOps Engineer combines people, processes, and technologies to continuously deliver valuable products and services that meet end-user needs and business objectives. User experience is our passion, underpinned by sound technology, quality code, and efficient business processes. A dynamic company requires a hands-on DevOps Engineer to be a key role player in delivering and maintaining the highest standard of evolving software and user experience, that continues to exceed their clients’ expectations. This role is on-site in JHB.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Support management at a strategic level as and when required.
* Implement and support development tools and infrastructure.
* Continuously improve internal processes to ensure optimal efficiencies.
* As a SysAdmin, ensure that the platform always operates within a highly secure and stable environment.
* Actively engage internal and external stakeholders to develop Business Requirement Documents that align business needs and sound technological thinking, delivering optimal platform solutions for customer experience.
* Implement and apply automation tools that ensure the integrity of coding that meets the business requirement.
* Proactively identify and resolve technical and software-related problems.
* Hands-on contribution to coding and software development to grow and maintain in-house expertise, understanding, and oversight of the platforms and systems.
* Manage the escalation and delivery of support and development requirements on internal and 3rd party development partners, to deliver in line with required outputs and standards.
* Assist executive management as required with the appointment of internal development resources and lead the team to achieve required outputs and standards, encouraging learning and development within a transparent environment which promotes knowledge sharing, effective teamwork, and growth.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
* A Professional qualification in DevOps (AWS/Azure), Agile, or similar is advantageous
* A minimum of 3 years of DevOps experience in building, leading, and growing an agile and efficient software development process to define and deliver scalable solutions.
* A proven track record of implementing, automating, and improving efficiencies in complex projects to solve problems at scale.
* Experience in debugging and root cause analysis
* Experience in high-velocity cadence to drive the development team to continuously deliver rapid production releases rapidly.
* Ideally a minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in software engineering (including coding), experience in cloud infrastructure, services, and administration.
* Strong knowledge of programming languages and cloud services (experience in one or more is required):
o .Net Core
o [Azure] Cloud services (Service Bus, Storage, SQL, Cloud Functions, App Services)
o Azure DevOps Build Pipelines & Releases
o Kubernetes & Azure Kubernetes Services would be advantageous
o Other cloud services and tech stacks would be advantageous
* Experience in driving engineering management initiatives, to improve delivery and engineering practices (CI/CD; SDLC; TDD; etc.)
* Hands-on experience in coding and software development.
* Experience in working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.