Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Position Name Software Engineer Mobile Apps
Reports to Senior Engineer Development Lead: Front End
Direct Reports No
Division Connected Video Department Technology
Purpose of the Position:
* To create and maintain mobile apps that are compelling and also which enables our users to consume our world-class content through latest available mobile technologies.
Key Performance Objectives Tasks
* Review designs created by designers; ask any necessary clarifying questions before starting on work.
* Write code to implement those visual elements into various mobile applications.
* Create prototypes, mockups, and staging apps for review and feedback
* Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
* Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
* Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
* Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
* Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
* Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
* Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
* Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
* Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
* Effectively communicate with your peers on all levels
* Give detailed explanations and argue the pros and cons of your choices
* A Degree in IT or Computer Science
* You have a University Degree in Computer Studies or suitable equivalent
* You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mobile app development
* You have exceptional knowledge of Swift (iOS), Java (Android), JSON, SOAP and REST Web Services
* Knowledge of MVC architecture
* Knowledge of Reactive Programming (ReactiveX or Rx) would be a great advantage.
* Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Apple App Store or the Android Play Store
* Solid understanding of Agile methodologies. SCRUM experience would be advantageous.
* You also have an understanding of object oriented programming
* You have experience in development practices like test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
* Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
* Knowledge of Java backend development would be an advantage
* Eager to learn new technologies and excited by change
* Customer Oriented
* Architectural Design
* Application Development
* Risk Management
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.