This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Support the greater operations structure in running the day to day trade operations of the business. This includes Operations as well as Customer Services.
- Ensure that the business platform is able to trade optimally by managing and implementing processes that focus on correct system settings and the functioning of the following:
- Delivery area mapping and delivery distance settings
- In-app visibility of products and their ability to take orders
- Payment platform status
- Delay alerting thresholds and order capacity management
- Trading times
- Work to optimize operational processes across the business to drive growth and improve efficiency.
- Provide insights into failures and drive operational improvements with the account management teams.
- Work to facilitate performance improvement of various teams in the business through detailed analysis, identification of operational weaknesses, process development and innovation.
- Assist and closely collaborate with the account management, support and customer services teams.
- Monitor and troubleshoot payment related issues
- Support the business with market and competitor analysis.
- Contribute to operational and customer facing product decisions through data driven insights
- Support with the daily investigation of order exceptions, along with the compilation of reports on operational failures and customer complaints.
- Manage operational emergencies and system failures.
- Strong analytical ability supported by solid Excel skills.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement.
- Advanced ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions.
- Willingness to buy into the requirements of a fast paced start-up environment
- Ability to verbalize as well as visualize findings and results.
- Enterprising spirit and ability to take ownership of tasks.
- A strong interest in e-commerce.
- Strong team player.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in commerce or engineering.
- 1-3 years work experience in an operations, finance or consulting environment.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2012-196177
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Technology
Job Locations: Cape Town
Job Types: Permanent