Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
A leading multinational telecommunications company is looking for a Senior DevOps Manager to join their team in Johannesburg.
The role is new and would report to the Head of Digital Channel Technology * IT Delivery. This is a new role for the operating model for IT Digital.
* Minimum of 5-8 years experience in the area of specialization
* Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery
* Proficient in the development languages
* Proficient in Mobile Application development
* Experience working in a medium to large organization
* Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align the organization on decisions
* Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
* Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
* Excellent coding and scripting skills (Bash, Perl) and experience with implementing high-scale cloud architectures using modern, cloud-based container platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
* Working knowledge of deployment automation solutions (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure) and cluster management tools like Kubernetes, Docker, configuration management, and monitoring
* Experience with continuous integration and related tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Ant, Git, Sonar, etc.
* Experienced with building, debugging, operating systems, databases, and infrastructure at scale
* Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
* Experience as a DevOps or SRE Engineer on a cross-functional agile team preferred
* Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
* Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
* Believes in the culture of brutal transparency and trust
* Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.